Friday, July 20, 2007

This North Coast Weekend

Arcata Shakespeare in the Park opens its production of As You Like It in Redwood Park on Friday. It runs weekends until August 11. Wendy Butler has a skeptical but thorough preview in the E.R., Maxwell Schnurer effuses at the T-S, and Bob Doran essays on it in the print version of the NC Journal. Not that I was invited to preview or review it anyway, but it doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Beyond the NASCAR concept, when the actor playing Orlando describes his character as "needy" it does not bode well. Josh Switzer, who I know as a capable and enthusiastic actor, is directing.

I'm opting for some participatory theatre late Friday night at Northtown Books, as the seventh Harry Potter book goes on sale at midnight.

On Sunday afternoon at 2, the Ferndale Rep production of Taking My Turn will be presented at the Eureka Senior Resource Center.

No comments: